Saturday, December 16, 2006

Skulls


The Word is Out is a twice yearly magazine published by WA Poets Inc. WA Poets Inc organize the annual WA Spring Poetry Festival and support various other things to do with poetry in Western Australia as well as working to bring poets and poetry to the public. If you are interested, WA Poets Inc. can be contacted - lucasliz@iprimus.com.au

I had two poems published in The Word is Out Issue 2 Madres of Plaza De Mayo and Skulls.

SKULLS

Skulls adorning a landscape of hills
teetering beside chasms
cut brown into green softness.
In the foreground, a folding of green
like my green crumpled dress
which I wore
when I went out with Robbie
who doesn't want me anymore.

I thought of the skulls
and how one day I'd be one.

Why wait fifty years?

They are flying above me
against the skyline
like balloons of methane gas.
I want to be up there with them
looking down on my desolate world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home